Tyr - Warrior IPA, 0.33l Bottle - Wacken Brewery
A Beer of the GodsTyr
belongs to the Æsir and is the god of battle, war and victory. As the Edda tells us, his courage is unmatched. In order to fetter the dangerous wolf Fenrir, Tyr places his right hand in the beast's muzzle as a pledge. When Fenrir realizes that the gods want to bind him, he bites Tyr's hand off without hesitation. Henceforth, the war god wields his sword with his left hand. During Ragnarök, he kills the hellhound Garm with his sword, but eventually also dies in the process.
This beer is just like the mighty god of combat: simply powerful. Large proportions of barley malt provide for a sweetish, quaffable body, which in turn is tamed by large quantities of the finest hops, keeping the sweetness in check. But the delicate notes that come from dry-hopping are ultimately what captures the taste buds on the tongue and palate. Powerfully fresh, fruity-flowery and woody-minty aromas are truly fighting hard for taste supremacy. Enjoy with delight among your friends, but steer clear of wolves and avoid the Ragnarök!
The abbreviation IPA
stands for India Pale Ale
, a traditional British top-fermented beer brewed with large amounts of malt and hops.
- Contents: 0.33l / bottle
- Top-fermented strong beer, dry-hopped
- Store cool and dark
- Allergen information: cereals containing gluten
- Manufacturer/Producer: Wacken Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG, Gehrn 13, 25596 Wacken
- Ingredients: Water, barley malt
, hops and yeast
- Hop varieties: Summit, Polaris, Centennial and Simcoe
- Original wort: 20.2°
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 8.3 %
- Bitterness: Tyr
is available in various units:
- Single 0.33l bottle: EUR 2.39 (price per litre: EUR 7.24)
- 6 x 0.33l: EUR 12.99 (price per litre: EUR 6.56)
- 20 x 0.33l: EUR 39.99 (price per litre: EUR 6.06)
Bottle prices exclude EUR 0.08 deposit per bottle.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 16. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need a copy of your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.