Hymir - Imperial Stout, wooden barrel aged
in collaboration with La Famiglia Nostra
Hymir, the Dark One, belongs to the Jötnar, a race of giants.
He and Thor once set out to sea in hopes of catching the Midgard Serpent. Hymir is the owner of a cauldron so huge that Ægir, the Norse brewer to the gods,could brew enough beer in it to quench the thirst of all gods. So Thor borrows it from Hymir and lends it to Ægir.
The Wacken Brewery has now also borrowed this cauldron and made use of its size - not to brew lots of beer, but a particularly strong beer. Huge amounts of premium barley malt, partly roasted,lend it the typical strength and darkness that characterize an Imperial Stout.
Together with our friends from La Familia Nostra
, who are dedicated to the refinement and finishing of the finest whiskeys,we hid this rich beer in an Italian Amarone barrel for a few months, in which a 2007 Craigellachie had previously taken refuge for 15 months.The combination of brewed and distilled barley juice, from dry red wine together with the wood notes provides a unique interplay of flavors.
This beer creation is limited to about 600 bottles!
The refined, also limited 2007 Craigellachie Single Malt, which slept in this barrel, is available at www.glendranostra.rocksand will also be available in our shop shortly.Details:
- Contents: 0.33l / bottle
- Top-fermented, dark strong beer
- Store cool and dark
- Prices exclude EUR 0.08 deposit per bottle
- Ingredients: water, barley malt, hops and yeast
- Allergen information: cereals containing gluten
- Hop varieties: Magnum
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 9.5%
- Original wort: 20.5°
- Limited to 550 bottles
- Our meal recommendation: hearty meat dishes (e.g. dish of wild game!), mould cheese, chocolate desserts
- Bittere: Hymir-Barrel Aged
is available in various units:
- Single 0.33l bottle: EUR 4.99 (price per litre: EUR 15.12)
- 6 x 0.33l: EUR 27.99 = 4.67 Euro per bottle (price per litre: EUR 14.14)
- 20 x 0.33l: EUR 79.80 = 3.99 Euro per bottle (price per litre: EUR 12.09)
Prices exclude EUR 0.08 deposit per bottle.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 16. Please provide your birth date when ordering.We'll also need a copy of your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.