Hymir - Giant Stout, 0.33l Bottle - Wacken Brewery
A Beer of the Gods
Hymir, the Dark One, belongs to the Jötnar, a race of giants. He and Thor once set out to sea in hopes of catching the Midgard Serpent. Hymir is the owner of a cauldron so huge that Ægir, the Norse brewer to the gods, could brew enough beer in it to quench the thirst of all gods. So Thor borrows it from Hymir and lends it to Ægir.
The Wacken Brewery has now also borrowed this cauldron and made use of its size - not to brew lots of beer, but a particularly strong beer. Huge amounts of premium barley malt, partly roasted, lend it the typical strength and darkness that characterize an Imperial Stout, while delicate roast and chocolate aromas and a well-balanced bitterness round off this divine potion.
The stout, a strong, deep black, top-fermented and malty beer, has its roots in England. It evolved from the porter, which was the most popular beer style among the English working class in the 18th and 19th century. The Imperial Stout, a stronger version of the stout, was brewed for the first time in England in the 18th century as a gift to the Russian czarina Catherine the Great.
- Contents: 0.33l / bottle
- Top-fermented, dark strong beer
- Store cool and dark
- Allergen information: cereals containing gluten
- Manufacturer/ Producer: Wacken Brauerei GmbH & Co. Kg, Gehrn 13, 25596 Wacken
- Ingredients: water, barley malt
, hops and yeast
- Hop varieties: Magnum
- Original wort: 20.5°
- Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 8.5 %
- Bitterness: Hymir - Giant Stout
is available in various units:
- Single 0.33l bottle: EUR 1.99 (price per litre: EUR 6.03)
- 6 x 0.33l: EUR 11.50 (price per litre: EUR 5.81)
- 20 x 0.33l: EUR 36.99 (price per litre: EUR 5.60)
Prices exclude EUR 0.08 deposit per bottle.
We do not sell this product to customers under the age of 16. Please provide your birth date when ordering. We'll also need acopy of your ID-card or passport by email, scan, fax or mail.